Routine!

 I dropped the ball!  When a lost my 99-day streak of 10,000 steps, and when SparkPeople stopped existing, I lost my momentum and routine.  

😧

I had come so far, reached my goal, and felt so good.  And then . . . I stopped walking, I stopped tracking my food, I stopped exercising, and ... you know what comes next, ... I gained weight!  My resting heart rate also went up.  

😖

I met a new health-conscious person in a seminar and gave her my spiel about how my success happened. As I was encouraging her, I was really encouraging myself.  After our conversation, I went outside and got my steps done.  I pulled out my tracking binder and realized I hadn't recorded anything since the middle of July!  I also called up my walking buddy.  We are back on track!  

😱

ROUTINE!  ROUTINE!  ROUTINE!

So, I have updated my charts, all the way back to July.  I have got my tracking of food, steps, and exercise back into my daily routine.  Posting on MFP and blogging are also my way to being honest with myself.  I also appreciate the encouragement of total strangers.  Weird, eh?  Whatever works!  If I declare it, it shall be!   


This is my late bloomer!  Birds don't actually like it as the seeds are too big!  
These are human loving sunflower seeds.  This one grew from a dropped seed from last year.  


  

6 comments:

  1. It was quite a blow when SP shutdown.

    To keep me going I started a spreadsheet back in 2012 and record all step, calories and distance.
    It is worth now worrying as you now have made a start in getting back.

    Good luck

    Trev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering I also used a spreadsheet since April 2020, I should have done better. I’m back on track. And BTW, thank you for leading the 10,000 step team! 👍🏼

      Delete
  2. Good job, getting back on track.💖

    There are all kinds of events that can throw us off balance, and some of them even put us into survival mode, forcing us to wait and just do whatever damage control we can, until things stabilize a little, before resuming the healthy habits.

    As you've said before, blogging helps... 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It’s like getting knocked down and getting back up. Here we go again! Thanks for the encouragement! 👋🏼

      Delete
  3. Routine plays a bigger part in helping us get to a milestone than we think.

    ReplyDelete