2021 September …

After the end of my SparkPeople run, I wasn’t sure I wanted to blog again. I had been there since 2009, on and off, but didn’t really get it until 2020 and into 2021. And boy, did I figure it out!  Sixty-five pounds down and looking so much healthier. 

I became inspired by successful Spark members, involved with Spark teams, signed up for 5% challenges, and slowly started to blog. What I also did was track all food, intermittent fast (16/8), and walk 10,000 steps per day. You can see the evidence in my chart - I lost weight, and it came off easily, as long as I stuck with my routine. 

The maintenance piece has been a little more challenging, but at least I only have to lose 15 pounds this time. I started over on September 1st. after a terrible summer of poor air quality from wildfires and an abandonment of a tracking routine (that’s on me!).  I am now tracking food with Cronometer, tracking fasts with Sunrise, and socializing on MyFitnessPal and on the GoogleGroup https://groups.google.com/g/maintaining-weight.  So far, so good. 


The year of my success was blogged about weekly, and I started getting followers and supportive comments, … and friends. It was win-win. With that, I will try again, to encourage others and to document my journey for self-motivation.  Are you along for the journey? Remember to act; don’t just watch. MY story can be YOUR story. Let’s all have a happy ending. 

3 comments:

  1. I think blogging can be one of the most powerful ways to figure stuff out and simultaneously encourage others ❤️

    Glad you’re going to have a post-SP blog 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good going! Congratulations on your weight loss so far!

    I'm sorry to hear about your bad air quality. We've been near some wild fires too, but we can't see the smoke billowing like that. Wow! It's so scary. = (

    Work out indoors if you have to! That's what I do most of the time now, because the air is better. AND I don't have to wear a mask!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from KALISWALKER. I miss SP too. Good to see you are blogging.

    ReplyDelete